Monday, July 13, 2009

A View from the Outside

Recently, we had a large family come to enjoy a nice long holiday at Small Hope Bay Lodge. When they finally took a break from diving, they didn't stop to kick back but instead went to visit the factory. That evening, they all showed up for dinner dressed (all 15 of them) in their brand new Androsia.
They also shared a little of their experience at the factory:

“I have been there before twice. The Killgore family (my family) brought 15 people with us this time. When I come back, I’m still going to use the little writing utensils and I hope they have the praying hands in the wax. I appreciate them doing this for me and my family and friends. I look forward to seeing the factory and the people next time I come. My experience has been wonderful everytime I have come. I hope we can get black as our cloth color. My favorite color is black. I like black because it matches with every color. And I also like the neon colors because they’re bright and kind of glow in the dark.” ~Elena Killgore


“After three times of visiting the factory and store, the magic of creating my own cloth has not diminished in the least. Our creativity is unleashed by designing marine life and then choosing a color to have it dyed in. Also, the shopping gave me a chance to buy my own apparel to make me feel even more connected to the island.” ~Caitlin Killgore


“The experience was unique and I would do it again. I learned the techniques of batiking and was intrigued by them. I hope I can do it again.” ~Kayla Combs


“We truly enjoyed our visit to the factory to learn the technique of batik. My daughter enjoyed learning and making her own creative piece of art. A wonderful group of people! We loved it!” ~Lynn, Faith, & Buddy Best

No comments:

Post a Comment